Recipe Card #3: Nutella Dessert Pizza
What do you do when you love pizza but are craving something sweet? The answer is simple. Dessert pizza! More specifically – Nutella pizza. This recipe is a complete winner and you can top it however you like. If you don’t like Nutella, simply melt a chocolate bar of your choice and drizzle!
Perfect for: When you're craving something sweet.
To make 2 Nutella pizzas:
4 tablespoons of Nutella (or 1-2 melted chocolate bars of your choice!)
Toppings (banana, strawberries, marshmallows, Smarties…the list is endless)
Icing sugar for dusting
Flour for sprinkling on work and transfer surface
Mama Mei’s Pizza Dough
- Heat your oven to a minimum temperature of 250°C with a baking tray inside for 30 minutes prior to cooking. A pre-heated baking tray will mimic the bottom of a pizza oven and help get a crisp bottom.
Tip: To get the best crust, the hotter your oven, the better! In our Test Kitchen we typically get to 270°C.
- Lightly flour a transfer surface. This surface is what you will use to get your pizza into the oven. It can be a pizza peel, parchment paper or even a piece of foil.
- Gently stretch your pizza dough to your desired size. Check out our instructions and video on the How-To section of our website for details on how to stretch our dough.
- Place your stretched dough onto your transfer surface.
- Make sure you have firmly pushed down the centre of the pizza to avoid it puffing up while cooking.
- Remove your pizza from the oven.
- Generously spread your Nutella or melted chocolate.
- Add your toppings of choice! See below for some ideas.
- Dust with icing sugar (optional).
- Serve hot. Buon appetito!
Need dessert pizza inspiration?
We got a little creative in our Test Kitchen and came up with more dessert pizza ideas to inspire you!
- S’mores Pizza: Add your Nutella as the instructions above, top with marshmallows and put under the grill for 20-30 seconds! Campfire pizza.
- Orange Chocolate Pizza: Add orange zest to your Nutella topping.
- Marbled Chocolate Pizza: Swirl in melted white, milk and dark chocolate.
- Summer Berries Pizza: Add raspberries, sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Chocolate Rainbow Pizza: Sprinkle a small pack of Smarties to your Nutella topping.
- Sweet & Salty Dessert Pizza: Add salty crushed pretzels to your Nutella topping.
- Hot & Cold Dessert Pizza: Add a big scoop of ice cream of your choice on top of your warm Nutella pizza!
Share your pizza on social media and tag us on Instagram and Facebook! @mamameislondon